We are open!
The safety and health of our patients, team, and community will continue to be our top priority. We will be continuing procedures implemented in March and adding procedures recently recommended by the CDC, the American Optometric Association and the North Carolina State Board of Optometry.
Office procedures affecting patients:
• Patients will be required to wear their own mask, at all times, while in the office. For patients under 10, wearing a mask can be at the discretion of parent or guardian.
Patients must come to the appointment unaccompanied, except in the following cases:
- You are a parent of a minor patient
- You are a caregiver for a patient.
Anyone not meeting the above criteria will be asked to wait outside of the office.
- When you arrive for any appointments including glasses pick up and adjustments, please stay in your car and call the office to let us know you are here. We will instruct you when to enter.
- Patients will be subject to non-touch temperature checks and asked to use hand sanitizer at each visit.
Please call to reschedule if you are having or showing any symptoms.
- Patients will be asked screening questions prior to each visit.
Anyone failing the screening protocol will be asked to reschedule.
- Any necessary paperwork needs to be completed electronically prior to arriving at the office.
- Patients are to follow the 6-foot social distancing guideline while in the office.
Office procedures to ensure patients and team safety:
- Team members will be required to wear a mask while in the office. Additionally, they will wear gloves and protective eyewear, as necessary.
- Teams members will be subject to temperature checks at the start of each day.
- The schedule capacity will be limited as of now, to honor social distancing practices.
- All glasses adjustments, pick-ups and selections (separate from an exam) will require an appointment.
- An optician will assist frame selection and pull frame options from the board.
- All frames will be disinfected after being touched.
- Strict disinfecting protocols will continue to be enforced for high touch areas including, but not limited to, exam rooms, pre-testing rooms, optical dispensing bar, optical tables and front desk.
- Additional training and/or changes will be made based on updated guidance.
Thank you for your continued support of a small, locally owned business. We are looking forward to seeing everyone and fulfilling your vision and eye health needs!
Dr. Michelle Mumford, Dr. Kara Barrett, and The Innovative Eye Care Team